- The program is open to full-time faculty and budgeted staff positions.
- The Silverberg Endowment Grant will award up to $5,000.
- After completing the proposal, submit to your Dean or Administrative Management for approval. The Dean or Administrative Management should review, sign the last page of the proposal and submit the completed proposal to the Foundation via email to indicate their approval of the project and their consent to serve as budget supervisor. (see below for instructions on how to prepare proposal)
- For faculty who are collaborating on the proposal: If the collaborators report to more than one Dean, both/all Deans must sign off, but only one Dean will submit on your behalf.
- Once your proposal has been submitted, you will receive an email receipt within one (1) business day. If you do not receive the email receipt, please email Jody Collins at Collins.firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your proposal was received.
- Completed proposals must be submitted to the Foundation by the Dean or Administrative Management by 5:00 p.m. on April 2, 2018 to be considered for the 2018 Silverberg Endowment Grant.
- Grant recipient may be asked to make a presentation (written or oral) to College representatives and/or Foundation donors regarding the project funded and the outcomes.
- Once grants are awarded, the College will establish a new cost center for each grant recipient.
- The budget supervisor for your grant will be your Dean or Administrative Management. You will need to work with them to access the funds.
- Grant recipients have one year from the time of the award to spend the funds. Any funds remaining after this time are forfeited.
- Equipment and/or materials purchased with grant funding are the property of SPC.
- No portion of the grant can be used for stipend/supplemental pay for SPC employees and/or students.
Preparing the Silverberg Grant Proposal
Each proposal must include the following. Please include section headers with the following titles:
- Title of project/activity
- Brief description of project/activity
- Statement of purpose and need
- Goals and objectives of the project
- Budget/costs necessary to implement the project
- Project timeline
- Method of evaluation
- Name of the campus and department submitting the proposal
- Name(s) and campus of proposal originator(s)
After completing the grant proposal, applicants must submit to his/her Dean or Administrative Management for approval. The Dean or Administrative Manager should review, sign the last page and submit to the proposal to the Foundation to indicate their approval.
Projects that fall under the purview of another department, or for faculty/staff who are collaborating on the proposal but who report to different Deans, each Dean must approve and sign, but only one Dean needs to submit on your behalf.
Both hard copies and electronic submissions are accepted. Please submit hard copies via interoffice mail to Jody Collins in the Foundation Office at EPI-DO. Electronic submissions should be submitted by Dean or Administrative Manager to email@example.com